Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Journey Begins!!

So anyone that has children or grandchildren that reads this blog will completely understand where I am coming from. So I woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather (got Issac's cold) never the less I had this great idea to potty train Drake. And of course I picked a day where we were going to be gone for a good few hours running errands.

Needless to say, I feel like a broken record. Every 5 mins asking him if he needs to go to the bathroom. We get done with Sam's Club and Safeway and so far so good. We drop the groceries off at home and head to the park. As soon as we get there we go straight to the bathroom to give it a try. We get in there and I explain to him how dirty the bathroom is and NOT to touch anything. After holding the kid in the air to try to get him to go, I get an "it's not working" in response. So we exit with a talk about telling me when he has to go and we will try again. I swear 5 mins don't pass and he walks over to get his football with a wet spot going down his leg. So I asked him if he went potty, and his response is "Yep!” So we get all changed into the spare pair of clothes I brought and I tell him if he goes again we are leaving the park. Another 15 mins pass and he's back over to ask me to swing him.....................with another wet spot going down his leg. So I tell him I will push him for a few minutes and then we are leaving because he pee'd his pants. So we do just that and as we are getting loaded in the car he tells me he has to go potty!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I am about to lose my mind, but I decide since I already have Issac loaded in the car, he can wait for us to get home (right around the corner).

We arrive home and he is crying because 1 we have to leave the park and 2 he wants out of his wet clothes. But I think he needs to stay in them a little longer to learn is lesson. He comes in the door and heads straight upstairs, to do what you ask??? To go to the bathroom!!! I just don't get it. I ask every 5 mins and he won't go, I don't say a word and he goes right up and goes to the bathroom. I give up! Oh and not to mention he asks for a piece of candy I told him he gets if he goes to the bathroom. Do I give it to him? He just went twice in his pants at the park? But went when we got home. Needless to say I am spending the rest of the day on the Internet reading up on potty training tips.

Now it is several hours later and he's in taking a nap with his underwear on and I am dreading what I will find when he wakes up. I guess part of potty training is doing a lot of laundry!

So anyone that has any potty training pointers, send them my way!

0 comments: